When Your Blood Pressure is low – Control It by These Tricks
Low blood pressure is also known as hypotension. It means different things for different people. It is believed that the normal blood pressure reading should be of 120/80 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). However, numbers outside this range can still be healthy.
How to find that you are having low blood pressure?
Following are some of the symptoms that prove that you are having low blood pressure.
If your reading is under 90/60 mm Hg and you have other symptoms, like
- blurry vision
- confusion or trouble concentrating
- nausea or vomiting
What may cause low blood pressure?
If you are going through following changes in the body then you may suffer from low blood pressure
- Extremely energetic exercise
- Crash Dieting
- Autonomic nervous system disorders
- Low blood sugar
How You Can Control?
- Consume more fluids: Stay hydrated to keep your blood pressure controlled.
- Intake of vitamin B-12:lack of vitamin B-12 can lead to anemia, which can cause low blood pressure. Take foods that are high in vitamin B-12.
- Salt:eat salty foods to increase blood pressure instantly. Try eating canned soup, smoked fish, cottage cheese, and olives.
- Caffeine:last but not the least; drink coffee and caffeinated tea to spike blood pressure by stimulating the cardiovascular system and boosting your heart rate.