When you will open your mobile or any other portable device then you will notice big batteries. But now in this epoch, Paper batteries have evolved in the market. It is one of the best inventions of latest technology that is researched at RPI, New York.
What is Paper Battery?
The thin and flexible energy storage device that can be treated as a battery is known as paper battery. On the other hand, it can also be considered as capacitor. Paper battery is created by combining the nano-tubes that are made up of carbon with nano-composite papers that are made up of cellulose.
Components required for creating Paper Battery
Paper battery is made up of following major components:
- Carbon Nanotube, which is used for cathode terminal
- Lithium metal, which used for anode terminal
- Various types of bio-electrolytes such as blood, urine, and sweat
- Cellulose-based Paper
Steps to create Paper Battery
- Find a cellulose-based paper. Only cellulose-based paper is used to make paper battery. Now apply black carbon ink on the paper.
- Spread the ink on paper properly.
- Now you need to laminate thin film over the cellulose surface of paper.
- Once the lamination is done, you need to heat the cellulose paper at 80 degrees C for 5min.
- After heating, peel off the film from the paper.
- Electrodes will be formed by the film of paper. The LTO and LCO electrolytes are coupled to different films.
- AT last, you can check the functionality of paper battery by connecting the terminals of battery to the LED.
Properties of paper battery
- High-energy storage capacity
- High-energy density
- Produces extreme power
Advantages of Paper Battery
- Paper batteries are portable.
- They can be used even when folded, or cut.
- It can be used as a battery as well as a capacitor.
- Its ultra thin size is an advantage.
- It is biodegradable, and bio-compatible.
- It is inexpensive than conventional batteries.
- Electrical energy of 1.5 V can be generated by paper battery.
- The voltage of battery can be customized as per your need.
Disadvantages of Paper Battery
- The component of paper battery, carbon nanotube is costly.
- The wastage produced by paper battery might damage lungs if inhaled.
Hope this post will help you to create your own paper battery. You can comment in the below box, if you stuck somewhere. You can also write down, if you want us to write on some specific technology-related topics.