High Blood pressure is one of the biggest risk not only in India but worldwide. In India, one of the every three Indians is suffering hypertension. High blood pressure causes several health problems like diabetes, stroke, heart disease, kidney failure and even death. Thus one who is suffering from high blood pressure should take care of, especially during summers.
Here are 10 summer foods that help you to manage your blood pressure during the summer. Let’s have a look:
- Berries: Blueberries and strawberries – the antioxidant rich fruit is loaded with heart-healthy compounds that help in reducing blood pressure. If you want to manage your high blood pressure then you should add a handful of berries in your diet.
2. Bananas: This tropical food is just sweet, low in sodium and rich in potassium that helps lower blood pressure. One banana is loaded with your everyday requirement’s one percent of calcium, eight percent of magnesium and 12 percent of potassium.
- Skimmed milk: Skimmed milk is a house of calcium and vitamin D that help lower blood pressure. Taking a glass of skimmed milk every day reduces the blood pressure by one third.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt does not only help you to reduce it, but also lowers the risk of developing high blood pressure, thus this summer add yogurt in your diet.
5. Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are a great source of vitamin E, folic acid, protein, magnesium and fiber. A handful of unsalted sunflower seeds helps in lowering blood pressure and promoting a healthy heart.
6. Oatmeal: This high fiber and low sodium food helps you to maintain a healthy heart by reducing both systolic pressure and diastolic pressure. This whole grain food can be prepared as pancakes, hot cereals and many baked foods.
7. Spinach and Celery: These Green leafy foods are low in calories and high in fiber, potassium, folate, magnesium that reduce and maintain blood pressure. Half a cup of spinach and four celery in a day may help you reduce blood pressure significantly.
8. Watermelon: Watermelon is the summer food and is undoubtedly loaded with a lot of benefits. Watermelon significantly reduces blood pressure.
9. Kiwi: Kiwi is known for reducing blood pressure naturally. Add three kiwis in your diet to maintain your blood pressure at normal and reduce risk of high blood pressure.
10. Oranges: Oranges are rich in vitamin C and high in fiber. If you have a high blood pressure problem, then you must add a whole fruit or a glass of orange juice.