Here is Why You Lack Vitamin D – List of Foods That Will Help You to Overcome the Deficiency
Vitamin D is an extremely important vitamin that is known to have powerful effects on several systems throughout our body. This vitamin is most vital for facilitating normal immune system function and is important for normal growth and development of bones and teeth, as well as improved resistance against diseases. Moreover, it is known to boost weight loss, reduce symptoms of depression, and keeps the body’s functionality in check.
Vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common health problems faced. According to the NCBI, vitamin D deficiency affects almost 50 percent of the population worldwide.
Signs and symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
- Tiredness, aches and pain and general sense of not feeling too well.
- Severe pain in the bone and muscles or general weakness that may cause difficulty in climbing the stairs or getting up from the floor or a low-chair or something as simple as walking till a stretch.
- In severe cases, fracture, especially in your thighs, pelvis and hips.
- Excessive hair loss.
- Wounds that take a lot of time to heal.
- Depression symptoms.
- Having digestive issues.
Make sure you have enough vitamin D-rich foods in order to lead a healthy life. Following are some of the Vitamin D enriched foods
- Fatty fish like tuna, mackerel, salmon
- Dairy products milk, curd, Cheese
- Orange juice